Wednesday 11 January 2012

2012 and new beginnings

The arrival of a new year signifies a whole range of new beginnings in this household:


  • I finally finished my University degrees. Yes plural... both degrees.
  • I am two weeks away from my final of a six year stint as a sales assistant at Pumpkin Patch. Looking forward to leaving but sad to leave a role which i know inside out and upside down. 
  • I will embark on my new career as a Disability Service Coordinator (and for the record i am feeling completely overwhelmed).
  • My wonderful other half is soon to find out if he has secured a spot studying Architecture or Drafting, both of which will undoubtably bring many changes if he returns to full time study.  
  • We have collectively agreed to use every inch of willpower to begin saving for house number 2. I have already begun trawling realestate.com as i am seriously excited about the prospect of upgrading from the unit and finding a house with a garden. I'm thinking vegetables, chickens, dogs and a swimming pool. Admittedly number four is a bit of a pipe dream... no harm in that. 


In addition to this i hope to maintain a bit more of a presence online. I could be deluded thinking ill have more time given a full time work schedule, but i am thrilled about the prospect of getting my weekends back for the first time in 10 years. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment and follow - always appreciated! Good luck with the new job and the house plans. I highly recommend a veggie garden and chickens as an awesome addition to life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by Us+House=Home, and for joining us on our journey. Hopefully we can give you guys some inspiration, and I look forward to following your next project. All the best finding the perfect renovator's dream! :)

    ReplyDelete